- Karjalan Sivistysseura and Virtuaali-Karjala - Karelian (*) (123)
- Kunstkamera - Central Asian (732) (Donxiang, Karakalpak, Kazakh, Khurasan Baluchi, Kyrgyz, Mongol, Sart, Tajik, Turkmen, Uyghur, Uzbek)
- Kunstkamera - European (539) (Bashkir, Byelorussian, Chuvash, Kalmyk, Russian, Tatar, Ukrainian)
- Kunstkamera - Other (568) (Ainu, Aleut, Australian, Bantu, Eskimo, Ethiopian, Khoisan, Nilotic, North American, Nubian, Ometo, Papuan, South American, Southeast Asian)
- Kunstkamera - Siberian and Far Eastern (*) (1099) (Altai, Buryat, Chukchi, Dolgan, Even, Evenk, Itelmen, Ket, Khakas, Koryak, Nanai, Negidal, Nivkh, Orok, Shor, Tofalar, Tuvan, Ulch, Yakut, Yukaghir)
- Kunstkamera - Uralic (582) (Enets, Estonian, Finnish, Karelian, Khanty, Komi, Mansi, Mari, Moksha, Nenets, Nganasan, Saami, Selkup, Udmurt, Vepsian)
- Museovirasto - Uralic and Siberian (*) (666) (Estonian, Evenk, Finnish, Ingrian, Kamasin, Karelian, Ket, Khanty, Livonian, Mordvin, Nenets, Saami, Selkup, Seto, Vepsian, Votic)
- Smithsonian - African (796) (Ashanti, Bambara, Banda, Bassa, Batwa, Baule, Bini, Bororo, Bozo, Congolese, Dan, Dendi, Ejagham, Fanti, Fon, Fula, Genya, Hausa, Hutu, Igbo, Izere, Kavirondo, Khoikhoi, Kongo, Konjo, Kru, Kuba, Kyaman, Lega, Luba, Lulua, Maasai, Mangbetu, Mbuti, Mossi, Ndaka, Ndebele, Ngbandi, Nupe, Pende, Pondo, Samburu, San, Senufo, Shi, Shilluk, Shona, Somali, Sotho, South African, Sudanese, Suk, Swazi, Tofinnu, Tswana, Turkana, Tutsi, Vai, Wodaabe, Wolayta, Xhosa, Zimbabwean, Zulu)
- Smithsonian - American (1087) (Ahtena, Amahuaca, Apache, Arapaho, Assiniboine, Athapascan, Aymara, Bannock, Blackfoot, Bororo, Brulé, Caddo, Cakchikel, Campa, Carib, Catawba, Cathlamet, Cayuse, Chake, Chamacoco, Cherokee, Cheyenne, Chickasaw, Chilkat, Chipaya, Chiricahua, Chitimacha, Choco, Choctaw, Choroti, Clayoquot, Cochiti, Cocopa, Comanche, Cree, Crow, Cuna, Dakota, Goajiro, Gros Ventre, Gwich'in, Haida, Hano, Havasupai, Hidatsa, Hopi, Huichol, Hunkpapa, Hupa, Island Carib, Isleta, Jemez, Jicarilla, Kainah, Karok, Kichai, Kickapoo, Kiowa, Klikitat, Kwakiutl, Luiseño, Maidu, Mapuche, Mataco, Maya, Mescalero, Sinecu, Miwok, Modoc, Mohave, Mohegan, Mono, Nahua, Naskapi, Navajo, Oglala, Ojibwa, Omaha, Ona, Osage, Oto, Paiute, Paloos, Patagonian, Pawnee, Payagua, Peruvian, Piaroa, Piegan, Pima, Plateau, Pomo, Pueblo, Quiché, Quileute, Salish, Santee, Seminole, Shawnee, Shipibo-Conibo, Shoshoni, Squawmish, Taos, Tarahumara, Tehuelche, Teton, Tewa, Tlingit, Tohono O'Odham, Totonac, Tucano, Umatilla, Uru, Walla Walla, Western Apache, White Mountain Apache, Wichita, Winnebago, Yahgan, Yankton, Yanktonai, Yaqui, Yavapai, Yuma, Zia, Zuni)
- Smithsonian - Other (*) (781) (Adi, Aeta, Ainu, Akha, Aleut, Andamanese, Angaite, Angami, Antandroy, Antanosy, Ao, Apatani, Ashing, Atayal, Australian, Bagobo, Batak, Bhotia, Bihe, Bokar, Bontoks, Borneo, Bunun, Burmese, Caroline Islanders, Celebes, Chake, Chakhesang, Cham, Chamorro, Cheruman, Chukchi, Chuukese, Dafla, Dangaura, Dayak, Efate, Ellice, Eskimo, Evenk, Fellahin, Fijian, Filipino, French Polynesia, Gaddang, Garo, Gilbert Islanders, Gilyak, Goldi, Guamanian, Hawaiian, Hmong, Ibaloi, Idu, Ifaluk, Igorot, Ilokanos, Ilongot, Indonesian, Inupiat, Jamaican, Javanese, Kadar, Kalinga, Kaman, Kanikkaran, Karen, Kayah, Khowa, Khun, Konyak, Kyrgyz, Lahu, Lawa, Lhota, Luki, Malay, Malekula, Mangyan, Maori, Marshallese, Martinique, Melanesian, Mentawai, Meo, Miji, Miri, Mishmi, Moi, Mongol, Monpa, Naga, Nanai, Negrito, New Caledonian, New Guinean, New Hebrides Islanders, Niasese, Nicobarese, Orok, Padam, Pailibo, Paiwan, Papuan, Pasi, Peco, Puyuma, Rengma, Rukai, Sakalava, Sami, Sangtam, Savara, Sherdukpen, Siberian, Solomon Islanders, Tagalog, Tagbanua, Tangsa, Ternate, Thai, Tharu, Tibetan, Tidore, Tinguian, Tiruray, Tongan, Torres Straits Islanders, Trobriand Islanders, Tuamotu, Ulithi, Vedda, Vietnamese, Wa, Wancho, Yami, Yanadi, Yapese)
- VKontakte - Khanty (*) (650)
- VKontakte - Nenets (538)
This website contains 8161 photos from these sources:
- Karjalan Sivistysseura and Virtuaali-Karjala, which provide collections of photos of Karelians
- Kunstkamera, or the Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography
- Museovirasto, or the Finnish National Board of Antiquities
- The Smithsonian Institution, which is a U.S. group of museums
- VKontakte, which is a Russian social media
The pages marked with an asterisk above include a description that also applies to other pages for the same source. All photos except the ones from VKontakte are linked to the source of the photo.
Some photos might be listed under the wrong people or culture. Some of the photos that contain multiple persons might (and some do) include persons who do not belong to the people or culture that the photo is listed under.
All of the photos on this website are used without the permission of their owners, so I might have to delete this website or at least parts of it in the future.
I have also made a YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC17YyWtoVZnZ3WZGJv7ZMZg/videos) which for now just contains a few films about Siberian indigenous peoples that I downloaded from the website of the Nordic Anthropological Film Association.
I have also started a page for links to studies and other publications related to anthropology and population genetics (studies.html).